The literal translation of this is “two days” but it means that it has been a long time.
Due to Dan being on holiday from school, my travelling to Kenya and general lack of routine it has indeed been a long time since I wrote to you!
Dan started back at school two weeks ago and we have been gradually getting back into our usual routine. Yesterday, however, that was interrupted. The Nigerian government has just ordered all schools to delay their starting back after the summer break until the 13th of October. They want to make sure that teachers are trained and systems put in place to reduce the possible spread of Ebola. This is obviously a good aim!
Dan’s school had started back and was already going above and beyond the government requirements so although they have now closed again they are applying for a waiver to allow them to re-open as soon as possible. Please pray that this waiver is granted! The school does not currently have a Superintendent (think Head Teacher) and one of our good friends (Janice Barnhoorn) is having to cover that role until one can be found. She has four school age kids of her own and as a result she has a lot on her plate at the moment! Please pray for her.
In other news . . .
I had a bit of an adventure getting to Kenya for the workshop on the Digital Bible Library. Some of you may have caught some of it on Facebook. In brief – I had difficultly getting a re-entry visa for Nigeria without which I would not have been allowed back into the country after the workshop. Strangely enough the rest of the family was not too keen on my travelling without one ! Due to the delay in granting it I had to change my flight to two days later and miss the start of the workshop. It was finally granted and most of the parts of the workshop that I missed covered areas that I was already familiar with. Thank you so much to all of you who were praying, God really gave me so much peace through the whole experience!
I will tell you more about the workshop another time because it is a really exciting development that I don’t want you to miss hearing about because it is stuck at the[m] bottom of an already really long and slightly rambling e-mail!
One last quick thing – we are considering moving out of our current house due to various complications and are looking for other housing options. Please pray for wisdom and God’s good timing in this.
Thanks again to all of you who faithfully support and pray for us – you’re the best!
Ebola has not made it to Jos and all measures are purely precautionary
I knew that God was with me and giving me peace through all the visa craziness
I did make it to most of the Digital Bible Library workshop
Our housing situation – that God will provide for all our needs
Dan’s school will re-open soon
The stand-in Superintendent will have wisdom, energy and peace