We are excited by the possibility to go and serve in Nigeria, playing our part to facilitate Bible Translation for 150 million people. There are some hurdles to get over before we can go and do it.
- We have already started getting injections done but have about 6 more each to do.
- We need to raise the money we need in order to live. Wycliffe UK have a great page explaining about the finance side of things. We still need to raise another £1400 £1200 a month. Why so much money? Right now, Ali is working as a secondary school teacher, we live mostly from her salary. When we head to Nigeria, she will no longer have a salary and so we need to raise the money to replace her salary.
- Ali has to take daily meds to make up for the thyroid they had to take out a few years back. We have some leads but no final solution yet.
- We need at least 1 laptop, both of ours belong to work and neither are the recommended brand for us to take.
- We need to sort out people to rent our house while we are away. ~As well as a few jobs we need to do in the house before we go!
- probably other things I haven’t’ listed or can’t remember right now!
There are also presidential elections due on April 2nd. Normally elections in Nigeria are prone to all the minor issues associated with African elections especially fraud. Results are normally contested and often violence breaks out. So as long as it has calmed down again by the time we want to leave it is all okay. There are other UK families who are out there, as as long as they are happy to be out there, we will travel. A great team of people in the office thinking through all these decision, some of whom we have known for a very long time, and we trust their judgement. It is something to be praying for though!