Please excuse the self indulgence, but I was blessed recently by a phone upgraded, upgraded at the cost of successfully selling the old phone. I LOVED my iPhone 3g Enough said. I loved it. It did everything said say, for me, the keys were email, Facebook, Twitter, calls texts, web, music, bible with note taking function, geocaching apps and a plethora of games. I really did live on my phone so to speak. I didn’t’ think it could be topped. MY only complaint about my phone was that it didn’t work when I travelled. Inadvertently I had a faulty handset that didn’t get picked up as faulty until out of warranty. MUCH discussion with the phone company later, upgrade was in order. My suffice to say, I LOVED my phone.
Ali would freely tell you that I quite like gadgets. It’s true I can’t deny that I do like a gadget, but it has to be useful to me, not destined to be sat in a cupboard. Unlike the sowing machine I got for Ali or the hair straighteners. Haha, one of our family dynamics – the usefulness of gadgets!
So like ultimate kitchen gadget, George Forman grill. LOVE it, use it a lot.
Bread machine, we hardly EVER buy a loaf of bread any more.
Boss GT-10, use it EVERY week.
An AWEFUL lot of fuss was made about the launch of the Iphone4. The demo didn’t’ work, the areal had problems, it was square cut not round blah blah blah and also, the price tag L Every TV ad spot, I could see Ali glancing over to asses if I was paying any attention, and would I ultimately be wanting one. Well of course!
I had never had an ipod, or really used a smart phone for all it’s functions until I was offered an upgrade of the iphone some 18 months ago. So having got myself totally set up to use it to it’s fullest extent, I was reluctant to transfer to a new brand of phone losing apps and info in the process. Selling the old phone covered the cost of the upgrade totally J and no need to change phone contract J
The iPhone 4
- Better Reception – Seems to get receptions in places my old phone didn’t.
- AMAZING screen – I have watched several movies on it quite satisfactorily.
- I actually prefer the weight and square-ness. I feel like I am holding a tool rather than a toy, seems a bit more serious to me, which is nice.
- The WiFi reception is literally 100% better that the 3g.
- For me the upgrade to 32gb means no longer having to select what to put on there or not!
- Battery lasts a whole lot longer, I can just about get away with not charging it every night.
- Speakers for playing music are way better
- Ability to multi tasking apps means on a call I can access info.
- I would have paid for a case anyway, so a free 1 is a bonus to me not a hassle!
Now the research begins to see if I will be able to use it in Nigeria!