Phil our new marketing manager at work did an AWESOME presentation today at Centre fellowship .. here is his summery ..
I sent a very basic e-mail out to everyone associated with Wycliffe that I could get hold of. In it I asked some very basic questions,
- Your name?
- Where are you right now?
- What has been your biggest achievement of yesterday or today?
- What do you hope to accomplish today or tomorrow?
- What is the best bit of your job?
- What time is it now?
Discounting the automated ‘out of office’ replies, I’ve received 79 replies to date. I compiled a list of the replies to, ‘What do you hope to accomplish today or tomorrow?’, for our Centre Fellowship this morning and asked people to pray because this is what is happening in peoples’ lives today. Responses included…
- Communicating new IT skills to people
- Planning how to achieve language advocacy objectives
- Meeting a family planning to join Wycliffe UK
- Sending a PhD application off before going on holiday
- Smoothing out the logistics for From Eden to Eternity
- Getting my inbox empty again
- Going for a mammogram and praying it will be all clear
- Studying Thai and Preparing a tax return
- Moving house
- Typing out two more pages of a language translation
- Checking financial statements, checking funding proposals, explaining spreadsheets, updating vacancies list, trying to reduce my workload.
- After getting over grumpiness and self-pity… writing budget proposals and inviting people to a party.
- Finishing an anthropology paper for a peer reviewed journal
- Checking Ezekiel translation
- Trying to improve the translation of Matthew ch14 before moving onto Matthew ch15
- Resting bad leg after modifying 1983 Hondo motorbike to carry loads of up to 80Kgs over roads that 4wd’s can’t handle
- Keeping my family happy in a challenging environment
That’s all going on today, and loads more. This is why I think this is such a cool place to work, everyone playing their own part in a different way. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?